What kinds of information do we collect?
● Information and content parents and children provide.
We collect the content and information children and their parents or guardians provide and generate when registering for and using JusTalk Kids.
● Registration Information. This includes information parents or guardians provide when they create a JusTalk Kids account for a child, such as the child's name and any account login details (such as a username or password), and additional information their parent or guardian provides about them, such as their gender or birthday. We also collect information about your child's connection to you and the consents and information you provide to approve your child's JusTalk Kids account and activity.
● Content and Communications Shared on JusTalk Kids. We collect the content and information your child sends and receives on JusTalk Kids, such as the content of messages (including text, audio and video), stickers, gifs, photos or videos they send, and their score in a game they play with a friend.
● Activity on JusTalk Kids. We also collect information about how your child uses JusTalk Kids, such as who they engage with, what features they use, and how long and in what ways they engage with different features on the app.
● Friends on JusTalk Kids. We collect information about the people your child connects with on JusTalk Kids and how they interact with them, such as the people they communicate with the most.
● Device information. We collect information from or about the phone or other device where the JusTalk Kids App is installed. This includes, for example, information about the operating system, hardware version, device settings, device identifiers, and connection information such as the name of the mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone, and IP address.
● The Application also automatically collected information using the TrueDepth API provided by Apple. The information is depth data and segment foreground from background. The only use of this information is to provide a valuable user feature that replace video calling background with user-selected background. None of the information collected by the TrueDepth API ever leaves the user's device.
How do we use this information?
● Provide, improve, and develop services. We are able to deliver, support, and enhance the JusTalk Kids App by using this information. For instance, we use it to personalize and make suggestions as part of the JusTalk Kids experience. We also use the information to evaluate, improve, and create product features, conduct research to develop new products, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
● Communicate. We use the information we have to provide parents or guardians of children using JusTalk Kids with updates about JusTalk Kids (for example, when a new feature is available) and information about our policies, practices, and terms. We may also use this information to respond when parents or guardians contact us.
● Promote safety and security. We use the information collected to help promote safety on and off the JusTalk Kids app, including to help verify accounts and activity, and to look into suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We do this in a variety of ways, including through human staff, automated systems, and machine learning.
How is this information shared?
JusTalk Kids is designed to help children connect and share with their family and friends in a controlled environment. Adding friends needs to be double checked by both sides so that there will be no harassment from strangers on JusTalk Kids.
People children communicate with. Children use the JusTalk Kids app to communicate - for example, by sending messages or video chatting - with family and friends who are using JusTalk. These friends and family can see profile information about and content received from a child they are connected with. This can include the child's name, username, their online status on JusTalk Kids, and photos or other content the child shares with that friend or family member in a message or video chat.
JusTalk Family of Companies. JusTalk Kids is part of JusTalk, and we may share the information we collect in JusTalk Kids within the family of companies that are part of JusTalk to support the uses described above, and to improve the services provided by the JusTalk family of companies. For example, parents use JusTalk to communicate with their children on JusTalk Kids, and JusTalk uses information from JusTalk Kids to support seamless cross-service communication.
How can parents delete their child's information?
Parents need to send an email to email@example.com to delete their child's account. If you delete your child's account, we will delete their JusTalk Kids registration information, information about their activity and contacts, and device information, as described above. However, the messages and content your child sent to and received from others before their account was deleted may remain visible to those users.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
As described above, we use the information we have to promote children's safety on JusTalk Kids, but we also provide a reporting entrance ("Feedback") for them to use when needed. Through their JusTalk Kids account, your child can report inappropriate content (including harassing, bullying, sexual or violent content) or suspicious activity (for example, if they think someone else is impersonating their friend or family member) and immediately block the offending individual on JusTalk Kids.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your child's information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of your country where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects people in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, children and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
How will parents and guardians learn of changes to this Policy?
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy from time to time, with or without notice. We will post the revised Privacy on the site, and you should agree to review the Privacy periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the JusTalk Kids indicates your assent to any changes and signifies your agreement to the Privacy.
How to contact JusTalk Kids with questions
If you have questions about this Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Last Revision: August 17, 2018